This is the first blog I have ever
done. I am unsure as to what to expect as I explore this unfamiliar technology.
As I will be focusing on the broad topic of media exposure and impact it’s hard
to say where exactly this blog will go. I try to keep current on my events and
especially if the media is having some sort of metaphorical breakdown. I know
right now that there has been a lot of hoopla about our politicians and the
upcoming election so I’m going to try and use that to my advantage along with a
mixed range of damage control and media failures. This should be an active
topic as the election gets closer the politicians seem to be more deviant in
their tactics. I would like to use specific examples with further explanation
on subsequent posts.
As this is my first day blogging I want
to make sure I cover at least one topic that has been hot on the presses for
months now. Syria. It’s a sad time when a country resorts to violence to metaphorically
cull the herd. The Syria situation to me is one that has exemplified what I consider
some true media failures. I say this because in a world where instant access to
information is only a click away, there has been limited media access within Syria
during these government crackdowns. The media has been unable to consistently
get news from activists and dissenters within Syria because of the inhumane
treatment of the Syrian people by a corrupt dictator who is doing everything in
his power to maintain control while limiting outside influences. With such
advanced technology I see no reason why we shouldn’t be able to more accurately
view the hardships being faced by Syrians. This is a media failure. Things seem
to get swept under the rug for a few days until our own election seems less
interesting. It seems to me that the election provides us as Americans a
distraction from other worldly concerns. There are so many little things that I
want to touch on like media biases and their station to station differences as
well as the impact that these messages have when exposed to the masses.
I’m sure I am not the only one who
is becoming increasingly more aware of the failures of media exposure and
impact. Feel free to leave feedback and please help point me in the right
direction. Are there any specific topics you think I should write on or be more
aware of?
Thanks,Keith


Hey Keith,
ReplyDeleteI think a mesmerizing topic is #KONY2012. Not only has it reached an unprecedented audience of 30 million people within 3 days, but it also involves political economies because of its involvement with bills (and all eyes are on Obama as November approaches).