A topic that has been in the news
recently is that of Iraq and its targeted killing of people who are perceived
to be emo or gay. Now I have read different reports of as many as 14 people
were killed this week fitting a stereotyped description. Other reports have it
at more than 100 have been killed. Where is the media coverage of that I guess
the media would rather waste our time with the presidents March madness bracket
then actually cover hate crimes that are internationally illegal. As this is a developing
story I am going to keep an eye out for any new information and any media
failures. Do they push this story to make room for Santorum’s win? Will it get
the proper coverage it deserves? I doubt it.
The picture above is one of the so called emo Iraqi’s he was
found stoned to death for the way he looked and dressed.
Here is a link with the best coverage of the story I have
found so far.

That is so insane! If people who looked like that in America were stoned, that would be like half the population! It's true the media is highly selective and sometimes they run stories that will benefit them rather than cause uprisings from the people. But is it solely the media's fault? That's definitely another point to be concerned with, media censorship.
ReplyDelete